Some children are more likely to have eye problems. Your child's doctor should be aware of the following factors that may make your child more likely to develop a vision problem:
- Your child was born prematurely
- You have a family history of eye problems (such as childhood cataract, lazy eye (amblyopia), misaligned eyes or eye tumors
- Your child has had an eye injury (problems resulting from childhood eye injuries may develop much later in life)
- If your child has any of these risk factors, take him or her to see an eye doctor.
- Children with diabetes should have a dilated eye exam at least once a year.
Questions? Make an appointment with your Gaddie Eye Doctor today.